Monday, December 22, 2008

The Saturday After Dark Outing

Earlier in the day all Stubers who had hair went for a long-overdue hair cut.
And while they are amazingly good at behaving while I get mine cut, I've decided my Christmas gift to myself and my hairstylist is to go alone for my haircuts in 2009 because having two preschoolers sitting on your lap pointing at your head while getting your hair washed isn't nearly as relaxing as it sounds nor easy to work around I guess, yet she did it with a smile anyway.

Off to see the zoo lights Saturday evening with fake snow made of bubbles and all, which was good because there were no baths Saturday night.


The best part by far was the train trip in the dark through the tunnels.


Well Alida wasn't very impressed really.
(She's going to be a peach of a teenager.)



Elaine was a little more excited, although not much.




The cackle.





Sometimes, we just know the end is drawing near as our faces draw a little more stern






But not before a carousel ride of course!








4 comments:

Anna said...

Zoo Lights looks fun! The facial expressions are the best. Your girls don't get excited about much, do they? You are going to have some wonderful teenage years ;)

By the way, I got THE CUTEST Christmas card Saturday. I put in on my mantle with all my others, but I'm going to save it after Christmas and put it on the fridge so I can see their sweet little faces all the time. I'm honored to be on your Christmas card list.

Anna said...

Okay, for some reason my post didn't go through. I don't even remember what I said. I think I said that the Zoo Lights looked like fun, and that your girls' serious expressions crack me up. I also said that I got the cutest Christmas card ever on Saturday. I put in on my mantle with all my other Christmas cards, but after Christmas I'm going to put it on the fridge with all the pics of my friends' kids so I can see their sweet little faces whenever I want. I hope Georgia gets here soon so we can make a visit!

Anonymous said...

I love how Nicholas is posing for that picture with Elaine! He's becoming a real pro!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Zoo lights look like fun. I'm still tryng to get this picture of you laying back getting a shampoo with Ben and Nic on your lap, too cool! I'm sure they thought it was great fun.