Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thursday Already?

I haven't even got to tell you about Labor Day weekend yet...

My brother got to take his turn tearing my shower apart a little bit more.


Brian Lori the robber construction worker dressed the part and amused us all.


The boys got a bath in my tub sometime; I'm not really sure when that happened.


We did some night (um 8 in the evening) swimming in our clothes.



Aunt Lori wasn't already hot enough after the fair so she volunteered to cram into the tiny space left between car seats and be referee to the sword fight.


She also has teeth much to Alida's delight.

And Nicholas is now the no pic pic hambone--see the smile back there behind his protesting hand?

And the greatest gift of all was the two mornings that I spent waking up slowly in bed, listening to the news and laying there, brushing my teeth, getting a cup of coffee, and very slowly putting on some clothes while Brian Lori took child duty upstairs, far, far away in a very stinky land of diaper changes. (Brian, I am impressed. Lori, you are amazing.)


And how do the Stubers re-pay the kindness? Well we get up and scream at 1:30, 2:00, and 2:30 on Monday morning making sure that Brian Lori don't miss their drive time of 3:00 a.m. to make it to another town to catch a plan. We're so sorry. Come back soon!
To be fair to Alida--who else would it have been?--the poor girl is cutting three teeth, has bronchitis, and a double ear infection. I think the Stubers are done with petting zoos.

4 comments:

The Kings said...

I think it was the chickens. They looked like pretty shady creatures from the photos!

Poor Alida. We hope everyone is much better soon.

The Dukes said...

Okay, tell daycare I don't question their temperature taking strategies any longer.

Poor girl.

Yeah, petting zoos are good for nothing- it's not like there isn't an Animal Channel!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the poor girl is pretty sick. But isn't it interesting that she only feels bad at night when she should be sleeping. She seemed to feel fine when she was home alone with mom!
Hope she's doing better soon!

Anonymous said...

Well, having battled bronchitis myself and Jennifer, too, (and we both still do) I know that little Ms. A feels bad.

Add to that both ears infected, but that goes with all the allergies - - I still have that, too. And nothing hurts worse than an ear ache, except a tooth ache - - which I'm sure she probably has since she is cutting THREE teeth!

Whew! I think Ms. A has EVERY RIGHT TO CRY WHENEVER SHE WANTS!!!

I do hope she begins to feel better soon. And I do agree the petting zoo, while truly enjoyed, may very well have been the undoing.

We're very glad that Brian Lori was there to help.