Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hey New Orlineans

My husband, who left Aug 15 for annual training, should be having a BBQ today. He should be wrapping up his training. He should be packing up his stuff and taking inventory. He should be giving a huge round of high fives to his soldiers as they prepare to come home and high five their own kids. He should be loading up some really nasty laundry to dump in my laundry room. He should be dreaming of sleeping in his own bed and not with 60 other guys who all need sleep apnea machines.

Last night he was up all night doing those things in an abbreviated fashion minus the BBQ so that he could get two hours of sleep and begin heading to your town this morning.

Why don't you all do us a favor and stop trying to build your houses in a bathtub. 'Kay?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister! I heard they were sending a bunch of National Guard down there, and I crossed my fingers that he wouldn't be one of them. So much for that. You would think that after Katrina all those New Orleanians would have found somewhere else to live - maybe higher, dryer ground. But no, most of them moved back for Round 2. I guess they really love their city. I can tell you right now - if something bad like that were to happen to Memphis, and I had nothing tying me here (like my future niece or nephew & my job) - I would be out of here! You've still got my cell number if you need me. Jenny and I would love to see those Stuber kids.

Anonymous said...

Oh, no!:(

You know, and this is JUST the beginning of the season! Hopefully it'll clear and they won't be down there too long. Any idea of length of stay?

It's a good thing that the little ones are still too small to have a great concept of time.

We'll keep you guys in our prayers and maybe New Orleans will just DRY UP! But as you said, when you've built a city in a bathtub, you gotta expect to get wet.

Like Anna, you got my numbers and email, DO NOT HESITATE!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm still here, Susan- and still with no baby news! I can come over anytime to help or give you a little break- even tonight if you need it! Give me a call, email me, whatever. I'd love to see the kids!