Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eat Your Veggies Please

I apparently have a bit of an obsession with corn on the cob. I cannot resist a display of it at the store, pulling back the stalk a bit to pinch a kernel and see if it shoots juice in my eye.
Then I know I must load my cart.



So what could be better to top off an oh-so-healthy meal of corndogs, peas, and Honeycomb (yes, Honeycomb. I typed that right.) than corn on the cob on a cool September evening? Hurrah for having the necessary teeth to jump in ladies. When they are teenagers, I imagine it will take a very large pot to prepare the twelve plus ears that we'll go through in one meal.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! Corn growers of America should use that as a commercial! Now, was that Honeycomb as in the bee type or cereal?

The Kings said...

I think the personal obsession label is my favorite.

I must have corn for dinner now. Looks great!

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

Okay, so it's Honeycomb as in the cereal: big, big taste; big, big bite. Except, it's not really such a big, big bite any more. I had to check the box the first time I opened it because I thought I had accidentally bought mini Honeycomb. Obviously, breakfast cereal is a bit of a personal obsession as well. I'll just stop now.