Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Infiltrated

As I walked by a co-worker's office yesterday afternoon, I hear this:
"I've been reading your blog."

Oh.

Oh, well let me explain...

If I'm late to work in the morning, it probably wasn't because I was sleeping.



If I seem too quiet, it is all a reaction to my life outside of here.



Ever notice I don't have a picture hanging in my office of all four of them together?



No, they don't nap on the weekends.



When I make it to work on time, I've probably screwed up.



If I seem too quiet, it is because I'm trying not to whine about my life.



If it seems too clean in here, it's because my house is generally trashed and I'm attempting to stay sane.



No, I haven't slept in over four years.


Remember that week that cookies kept showing up in the break room?


But then they do things like this, and I really don't mind being so shell shocked all the time.

7 comments:

The Kings said...

There are not enough Mother's Day gifts in the world for you.

JB-anon no more! said...

Your blog is an education to those of us who can't even IMAGINE 2 sets of twins and a husband in Iraq. Just the twins part of your life's equation is mind boggling. I hope more people read you so they can be as incredulous as I that you can put one foot in front of the other, every single day.

Heidi Farmer said...

The first time I read this I didn't realize these were linked.
So the second time I had to go through each one!
They are precious, but I certainly agree with We Three Kings!!

The Dukes said...

I love all the links- this is great post. Love the creativity and the flashbacks.

L&B said...

Okay, I just noticed the links as well...terrific recap, and quite telling.
How will you be spending your Mother's Day? Hopefully you'll have an opportunity to rest and get some Susan time?

L&B said...

Wait...I know how you will be spending your Mom's Day. This new backyard apparatus will be a treat for both you and the kids :-))

Anna said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of the best moms ever! I love this post. I had forgotten how little they used to be! And the flower song was so awesome!