Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Think They Like It

Our first swing set injury. Nicholas ran out the door so fast it slammed back and hit Elaine in the face.

But it didn't really slow her down.


And I think they like it.


And the girls made it to the top before the boys.



Two words of instruction and the boys had the glider going. The swings are low enough the girls can push themselves from the ground (thank you in particular mom, dad, and Curt).




And the ladies scaled this thing on the first try without slowing down.





Now, I wonder if I can get some Wisteria to grow on the slats up there.

Thanks for all of the construction work from the family.





8 comments:

The Kings said...

Woo-hoo! Great job, Helmers!

Here's wishing you many afternoons of glorious sunshine outside and quiet solo-time inside.

JB-anon no more! said...

I do not know how you got that thing in your minivan! An engineering marvel to transport AND assemble! Kids look deliriously happy.

L&B said...

Probably one of the best Mothers Day gifts ever! When can we come and play??

Hats off to Helen, Glenn and Curt for the erection of this terrific playscape...I'm sure it will provide hours of fun for the little tikes !!

The Noltes said...

This is awesome. Let the wild rumpus start!

-Sarah

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

Ah, one of my FAVORITE kid books. But it will probably be a little more "LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMMBLEEE!"

Anna said...

WOW! That is one awesome swing set! I'm jealous. Can I come over and play? They are going to have so much fun on that thing. You won't be able to get them to come inside. What a fabulous Mother's Day present. And what a great family you have to come and put it up for you. Looks very sturdy!

Jodi- Mommy Jenny's mama said...

I have wisteria if you want it, but I don't think you really want it. It takes over pretty quickly. Great Mother's Day gift! Hope EVERYONE has fun.

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

I would love some wisteria! Truly.