Friday, February 19, 2010

Update from Iraq

Yea, him [Ben] not wanting to talk hurt my heart, but I don't blame him. Hopefully the video and books will make up for it. Once I get settled, I will get the Skype set up and that should be easier. Please to continue to tell the little ones I miss them all the day long.

I look forward to pressing through and coming home. It is nice to go to work with a gun again though. I won't lie to you of course, there are things I do like about being deployed. On a quick tour of perimeter road with CPT Dees I asked him about a bone-yard I saw that he never noticed. It was full of old blown up Soviet jets and armored vehicles. A KBR fellow waved us on so we crawled around on them for awhile. Very nice. It reminded me of when my brother and I used to explore Vansel's junk yard in Severy.

I love you and will write again soon.Give Ben a "BIG tuck, a BIG hug, and a BIG kiss" from me. And give yourself a BIG hug and kiss from me as well!

The conversation on the phone last night when Patric called to talk to Ben:
"Hi Daddy. I'm just not going to talk to you today. Just not today. Bye."

9 comments:

The Kings said...

That hurts my heart too.

Mommy Jenny said...

That'll do more than hurt your heart. It'll break it right in two! Poor little Ben! And poor dad! I know it's hard on both of them.

JB-anon no more! said...

Rip a third tear in a heart.

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

But then didn't you smile when Patric slipped into his former Chinese-speaker-of-English accent by mistake at the end of that paragraph...?

The Dukes said...

Hahaha, Susan. I thought he was trying to sound more literary. Like a written letter from the trenches might have been sounded in days of yore. It was more poor orphan Dickens than Chinese to me. :)

The Dukes said...

"might have been sounded"

That's my former Hillbilly speaker-of-English accent by mistake.

JB-anon no more! said...

Everybody is scaring me 'cause I know my fat fingers on the iPhone make lots of English-hillbilly mistakes! However, don't take my absence this next week as a sign I fear to err. I am simply on a trip to try to get some desperately needed vitamin Sunshine...Wish the Brood could come with me!

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

I was wondering Dukes if that was your attempt at Dickens or your former Hillbilly self.


Have good travels JB.

The Noltes said...

Right nice of you to remember your KY roots, Mama of the Dukes!