Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Royalty

My camera battery died about the time sweet Emily King (who I am hoping will share some better pictures than I have...) walked in the door Saturday. I have mostly stolen pictures to share. Our DVD player decided to die as well. The Dukes came up with a solution that seemed to work. What is funny is there are 2 more kids in that row that aren't pictured.

Here is sweet Emily on the left, sharing cupcakes with all of us. The girl rolled into a house of six kids who are used to have a twin and living in chaos and she smiled and jumped right in. The girl didn't fuss once. We had a wonderful time watching the madness of 7 little ones all over the house.
Here are 6 of the 7...And that's as good as it gets from me (and these aren't even my pictures!)



The Dukes were kind enough to make the long trip from Kansas to be with us this past weekend. And while Elaine fell for Sarah; I think Alida must have fell for Joe, which is smart because the man took my van in for an oil change. Then he went to Target and bought my daughters princess sippy cups. Alida is such a smart girl. Sarah organized feeding us for the next year with all of the frozen meals she brought; she simply adopted the care and feeding of my children while I wandered around in a haze; she jumped right in at bath time; and, she simply entertained me, and I can be a hard audience.



Henry and Ian have the sweetest temperaments. They shared their parents for an entire weekend with us; they played so well with my kids; they ate my star sandwiches; they rolled with it well. Ian, in the back, disappeared to play with toys upstairs often, which just makes me smile. And Henry, in the front, is inquisitive and utterly charming.



And then on Sunday, we wished safe travels to the Dukes and we had no idea that the Kings would be buried in snow the next morning. And we continued to make due with make-shift movies and our new normal.





3 comments:

Anna said...

I so wish I could've been there for all that chaos. They are all so adorable. Glad you got to get together and the 3 blogging families were able to have a "play date." Sarah seems to be one organized, multi-tasker who can get it all done. Glad she came and helped you out.

The Kings said...

Cycles of Normal. There's the title for your autobiography.

Mommy Jenny said...

There's going to be an autobiography!? Oh, I can't wait to read it! (Great idea for the title, Kings!) You should seriously do it... one day. Or you could just do it in your free time now! Ha!