Thursday, February 11, 2010

Patric Update (I need to find a catchy phrase here...)


When I asked him what he needed--this is what he asked for.


E-mail yesterday:
I hope this finds you well of course. I will say up front that conditions--sadly enough--have improved immensely. The Kuwaiti government sponsors this entire base and the food is fantastic...even better than IHOP if you can imagine it! We are running at 100mph of course, with mandatory briefings and preparatory work for the next three days. Tomorrow we will be going to the weapons live-fire range for the day, then returning to prepare for our two-day convoy live-fire exercise out in the desert. So I will be very busy for the next few days. Shortly afterward, I will be departing again on ADVON, most probably the 14th, give a day on either side. I will do my best to keep in touch of course my love. It is 0130 here, Enforcer troop has just plowed into the barracks--anticipated--and I have accomplished quite a lot tonight.
Phone call yesterday:
"So good to hear you!"
"I just wanted to say Happy Valentine's Day."
"Huh? Do you know what day you're in?"
"I know, but I'll be moving into Iraq the 14th."
"Oh. Happy Valentine's Day."

5 comments:

The Kings said...

I like these. Keep 'em coming!

The Noltes said...

I like 'em, too.
and
Happy Valentine's Day to all the Stubers!

Gran of The Dukes

The Kings said...

How about "From Across the Pond"?
Makes it sound so much better than way over there in the middle of where he is.

The Dukes said...

Oddly I feel more in touch with Patric than I've ever been and he's in the middle of the desert. I like the updates, too.

The Dukes said...

Re: A catchy phrase, I was going to say "P.U." but that doesn't seem right..."Tank Talk?" "Desert Diaries?"