Monday, February 15, 2010

Surrounded

Yes, by children at any given moment.

But also by wonderful friends who have overwhelmed me.
Emily's daddy watched mine and his all morning Saturday so that I could go shopping with Jennifer. And he got them to take a nap--that doesn't happen in our house.
And Jennifer drove. And it is hard to express how meaningful sitting in a car and riding without playing stewardess is. Really.
And, my Valentine's gift from Emily? My first ever hug from her. I think it helped that mine were asleep, and we got to just hang out for a few minutes.


And then on Sunday afternoon, Nancy and Jim had a wonderful party for us. Even Benjamin smiled once or twice.


And Alida, looked at a camera and smiled without something goofy on her face or a round of tickling. She may have been overwhelmed by the princess garb that Nancy had made for her.



I was overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness.
Here we are making pictures of our Valentines that we made for daddy by the Valentine tree so that they can be shipped off to Patric.
Simply surrounded.
Thank you.





3 comments:

JB-anon no more! said...

Nancy who was your "driver" in a previous post? Where do these angels come from?

Emily is a chinadoll. Ah, Alida and Ben. Patric will love those wee smiles. 

The Kings said...

I'll admit that Mark does work miracles from time to time. Nap-Man and chauffeur is the least we can do.

I know Patric is going to absolutely love those Valentines! We hate we missed the party.

The Noltes said...

So many blessings from so many people to so many people.
This post made me smile.