Friday, March 19, 2010

Coming Soon

I had my first chance to stow-n-go the other day.
After pulling the stuck lollipop off the floor along with some carpet and ignoring the other debris that had already made this new-last-November car disgusting, my parents helped me go pick up my Mother's Day gift to myself. Let's just say, it was so big that the trunk wouldn't close. I only had some twine to tie it down. The first speed bump we hit popped the sucker open. So, they drove, and I crawled in the back and wedged myself into our large load. Then we drove home with me holding the door down with the help of twine tied around the license plate. You would think such a well thought out car would have a place to tie off a rope piece of lousy twine. Good thing I have my daily strength training hauling people back and forth to time-out.
We'll have to wait for the great unveiling for Mother's Day weekend when I can get some folks around to do some construction. I am currently dreaming of creating gourmet meals while the children play outside. I'm dreaming of hours of free time in the kitchen as I watch the kids taking turns. I'm dreaming of our first trip to the emergency room...
While you wait, don't forget to go read me ramble on about deployment at The Good Stuff Guide again today. Sheesh, you would think I don't get out much the way I chatter.

4 comments:

JB-anon no more! said...

I can donate 2 able bodied men for the not so secret project! They have tools! And they are available week days too! You have my number! How exciting!

Heidi Farmer said...

Can't wait to see!!

The Dukes said...

Sometimes I could kill you for not living closer!!

The Kings said...

I can't wait to see this! Hopefully by Mother's Day this weather-crazed-hole we live in will cooperate where one can actually be outside for more than just one day at a time so you will have it in full-swing by then.