Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Four Year Stats

Ben: 34 1/2 pounds, 39 inches
Wound up at the four-year appointment. Wouldn't take his coat off; then he wouldn't put his pants back on. A normal boy I'm told.
Nicholas: 33 pounds, 38 inches
The boss of who would go first every step of the way. A normal boy I'm told.
Eczema flare up is bad right now; the castor oil I'm giving him internally has been given a nod, along with the suggestion of flax seed oil. As well as the addition of a little more good fat in the boys' diet. And while we're at it, there is a tar paste/lotion/concoction we can get at the store to try. "He'll smell like asphalt, but it seems to work."

Four short and long years ago on our first day out in the big world from the hospital.


5 comments:

JB-anon no more! said...

First time for me seeing those newborn twinkies. A-dor-able, naturally. And glad they each have a "normal boy" report! So much nicer than, say, "is he always like this?" leaving you to wonder which behavior is the aberrant one...

So, Nicholas is the Lt and Benjamin the Pvt?

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

The Dukes said...

"I love the smell of asphalt in the morning."

Hahahaha!! If you haven't seen the newborn twinkies before, JB, you have to look through the Stuber Brood archives sometime. I love to flash back in time every once in a while to the Brood before I really knew them.

I bet Ian's weight is closing in on Nick's. Henry's isn't closing in on anybody...

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

Maybe Henry is closing in on Alida now and Elaine is bringing up the rear in the race.

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

Oh and don't feel bad for JB--she held a newborn Stuberette before even a grandparent.

L&B said...

Seems like just yesterday, no?