Friday, January 8, 2010

Conversations

Expressing Love:
"I love you Alida."
"I love you too mommy. Understand?"

Pleading:
"Elaine. Please leave your jammies on tonight; you're going to get cold if you keep going to bed naked."
"(smiles)"


Why don't you understand me?
To the children:
"Do you know how much more work you make for me when you help me?"


Encouraging Words:
"You'll get through it Susan. You're not the first." period, end of sentence, end of the subject, from my oldest brother. I don't know why, and I'm sure it has as much to do with it coming from my big brother as anything else, but it resonates with me and tells me to shut up a little bit. He's right. Let's move on.



Correction:
"I'm mean to you mommy."
"No son. You are mad at me, not mean to me."





















































9 comments:

Mommy Jenny said...

I think you have every right to complain a little! And you may very well be the first to do it with two sets of twins! Who knows? I'm hear to listen any time you need to complain/ vent.

JB-anon no more! said...

I agree 100% with Jenny. 2 sets under 4 & warrior husband & a JOB outside the biggest job you'll ever have! I would not be holding it together - I'd be moving in with mom and dad...which would make me another level of crazy. If you get that bad, call me.

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

Disposable Diapers; Microwave meals; great daycare; church ladies standing in while I run to the grocery; Internet shopping; and a car with a two-screen DVD player. Really. There are people in my family that remember when women gave birth to their children in the fields during harvest--harvest by hand none-the-less. That will toughen you up.

The Noltes said...

I think I hear admiration and total confidence in you.

Maybe because that is how I feel.

Gran of The Dukes
Colorado, USA

Anna said...

Yes, I've heard the "we had our babies while we were out in the fields and didn't stop pickin' til the end of the day" story more times than I can count. I guess we're just a bunch of sissies.

We don't mind if you vent. Bring it.

The Dukes said...

I prefer the sentiment "let's move through" to "let's move on." Move through you will, with good humor and strength you didn't know you had.

We'll move on when it's over, and it ain't over til the bald man sings "I'm home!" and means it for good.

JB-anon no more! said...

Here here, Dukes! And can we get an Amen!

The Noltes said...

So well said, Dukes, and yes JB:
Amen, Amen!

Gran of The Dukes

The Kings said...

The Kings give a hearty Southern Baptist AMEN to that!