Monday, October 19, 2009

The Saturday Outing: East to the Kings

East West To the Kings
I am a moron.
We met up with the Kings on Saturday to pick out some Pumpkins.

And take those, um, contemplative pumpkin pictures.


Share a meal, where we behaved pretty darn well if I do say so myself.


Then we headed to a park to show Emily that throwing gravel around is as fun as anything else.



She was all about the gravel throwing, but she smartly held back a little to watch my children sprint for the water and start exclaiming they wanted to go swimming.




Instead we just mucked around in the wet sand.
And then I gave up on my camera in the presence of the King camera, which they used to attempt to get a family picture of the Stubers. I bet you can guess who didn't want to participate.





And on the way home, I got an hour of quiet.






An hour of full quiet.








3 comments:

The Kings said...

Great fun, Stubers! I think we need to make this an annual event. Very glad you got that hour of full quiet.

The Kings said...

Oh, and... I know there are times when you don't know what you are drinking at restaurants, even though you've finished off one glass, and I fully understand the reasons for that after settling in four kiddos and making sure everyone has food and drink and such from the buffet, but...

we live west of you guys.

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

How funny. And yes world, I drank an entire drink and had no idea what to ask for when she came to give me a refil.