Thursday, October 8, 2009

My New Tactic: Patience

It doesn't work.
Last night I decided I would give patience a whirl at bedtime. It is very important to me right now that anything that happens in my house after 8:30 doesn't involve the care and feeding of children. I call it sanity. So I decided instead of loosing it and getting mad at the boys for being maniacs at bedtime, I would be patient. (My general rule is just be quiet--what I don't know won't hurt me. But inevitably they start yelling and jumping around.) After the fourth trip to the bathroom in which no one actually went to the bathroom but they did talk AS LOUD AS THEY COULD last night, my patience ran its course. I got cross. I put them to bed sternly.
"No, no Mommy! I just want my daddy!" yelled Ben.
So do I buddy. So do I.

2 comments:

The Kings said...

This makes my heart heavy.

To keep going when the going is hard and slow is patience. Some quote I remember hearing. Lots of hard and slow ahead for you guys, and that makes me sad.

The Dukes said...

Awwww. Poor little guy. Little does he know what 2010 holds. I think about you guys and next year every day.