Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Is This Even Possible?

Two years ago you lived your waking days in this bouncy seat prior to the days you would climb out it at will and use it to stand on and bounce.

And this morning I ran into you on the stairs, and you exclaimed, "I got out bed myself!"

I'm not sure I even remember the past two years little one, but I do know they have been a blur of crazy. Somehow we made it here. You love princesses now. I'm not clear where that came from or why I find it so charming, but I do. You are the first child to figure out the baseball knob on the pantry door. But you don't rub it in, you just start handing out treats to everyone. But you always keep the box of Kleenex to yourself, and the box of Kleenex I let you keep this particular day was what gave you that big smile. I have no idea what to do with your hair so we leave it to hang in its little bits. As you got dressed this morning you screamed, "Tickle me, mommy! Tickle me!" And when I pick you up, you sit in my arms and pat my back with whatever hand is there while we walk around. You have figured out charm little one. We are completely charmed. At least this morning, we are completely charmed. Thanks for a good one, it makes up for the part where you wandered into my bedroom at 4 this morning.


2 comments:

The Kings said...

So cute. Such a big girl, she is.

Mommy Jenny said...

Are you TRYING to depress me!? It really seems like yesterday when I came for my interview and the boys attacked me, wanting to go through my purse, and the girls were so sweet and tiny. I remember holding one of them (but I don't recall which) and not wanting to give her back when it was time for me to leave.