Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mommy, Can you go help my sisters?

I love this for Benjamin.
Many nights he asks if I will turn the light on upstairs when we get back from our day. He does it pretty quietly; always politely; and, soon after we walk in the door.

And then he disappears to go organize his toys for battle. In this case it was the tanks vs. the Ironmen with the animals as spectators. He'll call down for me to come see. And then I go up and exclaim how wonderful his battlefield is, and we talk about it for a few minutes. Then he'll ask me to go help his sisters, which is his way of politely telling me to go away. And I go away, and Ben gets some time alone. I love that for him.


2 comments:

The Kings said...

That is one well planned battle and one very sweet memory.

The Dukes said...

Time alone must be like gold to the Stuber kids!