Monday, September 7, 2009

The Sunday Outing: Free Rides

Member Night at the Zoo meant free rides on Sunday. All Benjamin would talk about was going to the ships and getting bit by a shark last time we were there with the Kings. So we sucked down some hot dogs and hit the boats. The girls were a bit apprehensive at their first ride in the beginning.

But once it got rolling, they had a ball.


On to the rocket ships. Being old-hats at this now, all was well as we loaded.



But things quickly turned the moment those things hit the air.
All was well though, no one tried to jump out to escape the sheer terror, and we redeemed ourselves with the ladies on a quiet train ride through the farmyard after this.




3 comments:

The Dukes said...

I am laughing hysterically only because if this was us, Joe would have snapped a picture of not only the terrified child crying, but me holding onto the tail of that rocket for dear life after I jumped in for the rescue.

I wish our zoo had this kind of awesomeness!

granny e said...

Well, next time you'll know: Boat ride good, airplane, bad:)

As I can barely tell them apart when they're still and smiling, I have no idea which one that is. But, were they both afraid or just this precious angel?

Thank goodness for the train!!

A day at the Zoo is ALWAYS a good thing.

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

Both were terrified--but I only got a shot of Alida. Patric and I were laughing somewhat uncontrolably--but it was partially out of a sense of utter uselessness to help the poor things.