Friday, March 6, 2009

My Pride Runneth Over

The boys ran at us with suckers in hand at pick-up two nights ago, "I got a treat!"
"The boys are THE BEST hands down," Charity smiles big.
"Really? What are you the best at boys?"
"Watching tv."
And it is then explained to me that for Dr. Seuss week the kids have been allowed to watch classic Dr. Seuss movies in the afternoons. My children (I'm so proud I have a bit of a tear in my eye) have been proclaimed the best tv watchers in any of the two-year-old classes. While the other children quickly loose interest and wander off to, I don't know, play, use the potty, learn, imagine, mine will sit transfixed, like statues.
My pride runneth over.
And then we went home, went upstairs to play, and Nicholas took two electronic learning boards and stacked them open like a laptop, proclaiming they were a tv. He turned out the light, much to the girls dismay, and he sat and watched his homemade tv on and off for the rest of the evening.

4 comments:

The Kings said...

Awesome. They are the next Siskel and Ebert for certain. Ha!

On a side note, I love Elaine's hair clip! I'm correct on it being Elaine, right?

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

You are correct. Would Alida actually allow you to put something in her hair and then leave it there?

The Dukes said...

I KNEW I saw a hair clip this time!

I don't know why four kids seemed like less when they were all smaller, but the bigger they get when I see them all together in a picture like that I think "wow, FOUR kids" and it all seems very overwhelming all over again.

Could you PLEASE send some of your tv vibes over here. I get twenty minutes, maybe, of their attention on the t.v. a day. Definitely not time enough to make dinner, barely enough to shower.

Anonymous said...

There's always time to do other things, but miss Dr. Seuss? You've got to be kidding. How are you going to learn about green eggs and ham or the Who that Horton hears? Where will they hear about the Cat in Hat?

And when Mr. Nicholas becomes his generations Bill Gates, well.....