Thursday, January 22, 2009

What Are You Doing?

Whatever the size he has to fill it to capacity with what he considers his toys. These back packs were on a $2.50 clearance the other day, and I couldn't resist giving him the challenge of walking around with that thing full of toys.

Here he got the shopping cart so full of toys that he had to use the girls' popper to hold up the basket to keep it from crashing to the floor. An invention he came up with himself.

Another back pack. A favorite stashing place. Other stashing places: the drawers in his room, which everyone know to stay out of. The girls will look up at me like they're in trouble if I run across them digging in those drawers. There are play purses--three to be exact--that are stuffed to the gills. The storage container in the bathroom that serves as a stool as well is currently holding his airplane jacket. The airplane jacket pockets are stuffed full of toys. And on and on. He ran up on me in my closet last night and found the candy that I had confiscated. After pausing, he looked at me seriously and said, "That goes in my pack pack." No, he doesn't really want to eat it, just hoard it. If he is looking for a toy, we start going through all of the different bags in the house until he remembers which one holds the treasure.

The question: What are you doing Nicholas?
"Keeping it safe mommy."
Of course.
Strangely, I understand. I do the same with my things.












5 comments:

The Dukes said...

Sleeping Backpacked Nicholas just trumped Furniture Face Susan as my favorite picture.

Anonymous said...

That is just too, too precious:) And he's resting so peaceful, as if knowing that his "stash" is safe. Cool, Nicholas.

(Oh, and Susan, thanks for crossing the bridge to rescue Jen the other morning. It's great to have friends like you - - you know the ones you call for the grunt jobs:))

The Kings said...

We MUST have a playdate now. Emily can take everything apart, and Nicholas can store it in his backpack!

Anonymous said...

Do you think he might be a little OCD? He's certainly a little packrat. Love the pics!

Anna said...

I love how he jammed that popper under the shopping cart to keep it from tipping over. Ever the engineer! His personality is just overflowing - such a sweetie, and he knows if he doesn't hoard his toys he may lose them in a house full of children!