Friday, January 2, 2009

Never Pour More Than You're Willing To Clean Up

First we work.

And then we play.
(I'm so proud that their play displays a wee bit of OCD.)

And then you start 2009 by having dinner together, everyone with a seat at the table. Highchairs are very last year.


And the table filled up quickly.



And there were a few peas flung on the floor.




But there was much good conversation to be had. And as their level of ability grows the level of milk that is poured in those cups will grow. For now, we refill the girls' cups about five times during dinner.
Now we look forward to the days that we don't have four booster seats around the table, which is a small step forward.





3 comments:

The Dukes said...

Does your kitchen feel twice as large without those chairs and trays blocking everything?!

I love how the girls are at the head of the table. Just where they think they belong, I'm sure.

I am in awe of the cleanliness of your kitchen floor.

Anonymous said...

I guess I was never willing to clean any up! I never let any of them have cups without lids! Hopefully I'll be more willing to clean up little messes with Georgia, because I know that's how they learn. We'll see!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Dukes, the girls at the head of the table, places of importance for the lovely ladies!

It's wonderful that their little minds work in such careful, straight, clean lines! Way too cool:)