Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Saturday Outing: Furniture Shopping

Ashley Furniture, you are brilliant.
We stayed here the longest on our search.

And the children did not mind furniture shopping a bit.


I surprised this thing wasn't full of children out "shopping" with their families.


But I guess when they get to know us by name even though we've never bought anything there, they may ask us to stop coming to play on Saturday mornings.



But frankly, whoever was in charge of decorating was making my head hurt with all of the stuff they hung on every single last piece of furniture so that you couldn't even really see the furniture.




We did consider buying this. But we decided to check out a few more stores before making a decision. And we did wind up choosing something a bit different.





We did decide that bunk beds were not a good idea no matter how cute when Patric had to dive behind a display to save Alida as she hung from the top by her finger tips. But the balloons hanging up there? We liked those.





5 comments:

The Dukes said...

That picture of you, Susan, is my favorite picture to ever appear on this blog! I can't wait for Joe to see it, I think he'll recognize that face...

Anna said...

Ashley Furniture's prices are ridiculous. Oh, they're nice as can be, but you pay for it. We've never bought anything there either, but they know us by name too because we always look there when trying to make a decision. These pictures are cute. Why would you want a bed with a jungle gym attached? You kids would never want to go to sleep! Looks like they had fun shopping with y'all though. Hope you found something cute.

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

That is my I'm-having-so-much-fun-I-wish-I-was-at-a-wedding-reception-in-Colorado-with-my-twin-boys-where-their-comforting-blankets-fail-to-be-comforting face.

The Dukes said...

Hahaha,I knew there was a very specific incident I recognized that from...

Anonymous said...

You're right, the store would probably get suspicious after a few Saturdays of "shopping" and not buying:)

Hope you found something great and look forward to seeing it!