Monday, January 12, 2009

The Saturday Outing: The Outing That Never Was

Saturday morning came in as calm as they do in our house--even a little more so actually. Patric got out of bed at 7:15 when he heard the boys running around upstairs. He commanded me to stay. And they were quiet, and I stayed in bed until 8:00. 8:00!

He was already calmly making French Toast when I meandered out to a mostly quiet house where children watched cartoons and played with toys and no one was screaming. I was baffled.

9:38.
That is when Alida finally woke up. I spent the time from 8 to 9:38 checking to make sure she was still alive, wondering what was up, taking pictures of the clock in amazement and drinking coffee. And she was warm and a fuss when she finally got up, which would be why we missed our Saturday play date with Emily.




In honor of our missed play date with Emily, who gifted us the basketball hoop, and inspired by the Dukes, who are talented players, we decided to have a game. Is that enough to make up our own team? I am unclear why and I cannot clearly describe how three in the house is so much more calm than four no matter who the fourth missing child is.

Sunday and today everyone was a touch warm and everyone had a touch of a cough and a touch of a runny nose and just general ick but not enough to really call anyone sick. Until. Last night around bath time Patric brought me his forehead, and he was burning up. I do not think I've ever known him to run a fever. He is home today catching up on some sleep. Taking the three on Saturday morning all by himself must have really wrung him out!

5 comments:

The Kings said...

We are sorry everyone was puny and an outing was missed. We look forward to making that up sometime soon.

The basketball game looks like it was a lot of fun!!

Anna said...

I hate to hear that everyone's feeling gucky. Jenny, Kevin, my mom, my dad, and my Nanna all have the sinus junk. Isn't that lovely? If Georgia doesn't get it, it will be a miracle. I hope the daycare doesn't call you today and say they're running fever or anything, but at least if they do Patric's at home so you wouldn't have to leave work ;) Hopefully this will be a short-lived sickness.

The Dukes said...

Stubers vs. Farthings

Your court or ours?


I still can't believe she slept that long! Anxious to hear how everyone is tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Well, I too am sorry that everyone was puny and Em missed a play date with the Brood:(

Hope Patric feels better today!

Looks like the basketball goal was a hit, yea!! We'll be watching for slam dunks from everyone.

Oh, does MommyJenny have a blog? I'd love to see more pictures of Ms. Georgia!

Anna said...

No, MommyJenny doesn't have a blog. We're trying to get her to, but she says that Georgia doesn't "do" anything yet, so she has nothing to blog about. I have one, although I really have nothing to blog about. There are more pics of Georgia on there if you'd like to see them! The blog page is annamcfarland.blogspot.com. Hope you enjoy!