Thursday, November 6, 2008

Things Too Aggravating To Grab the Camera During: They Say We'll Laugh About This Some Day

Now that the ladies are taking a more active part in dinner time, most nights there is a round of sweeping the kitchen floor. Most nights, but not all nights. Okay, for the past few nights there has been no sweeping going on in our house. Alright, for the last week there has been no sweeping really. Last night, I braved dragging out the broom and wading through the children because there was crap all over the floor. Usually I can get this done when they are playing outside, but dark and cold are making us re-work our methods. They get the little brooms; I get the serious broom; and, I hope they don't destroy everything I've accomplished as its happening.
So last night, I kept muttering to myself that someone really made a mess with the pizza we had last... When did we have pizza last? How long has it been this messy? Why didn't I clean this up? There is sausage mess all over the floor. Good grief.

Wait.
A.
Minute.
That's not sausage!
Full alert was blown in the house as I discovered another reason that I hate potty training. Remember I said the boys hadn't had an accident at school since they started wearing big boy pants? Well I jinxed that, and we came home with wet clothes the next day. And we are certainly not accident free in the comfort of our own home. The smart boys wait till we get here I believe. Yet this was a first.

So the children were made a train to get them off the floor and distract them as the vacuum was brought out for good measure in the living room just in case there was something lurking there, the kitchen floor disinfected, and little bare feet examined. I never imagined when the pediatrician said not to let the girls go barefoot where there might be poop, that she should have reminded me that meant the kitchen too. Yep. We did not skip bath night last night.

That might help Benjamin, but we can't assure you.



Lessons Learned:

1. Don't ever say anything on the blog that you want to keep having happen.

2. Don't ever, ever cavalierly sweep the floor after pizza night or any other night for that matter.

4 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh my goodness.
That's all that will come out.
Oh My Goodness.

Anna said...

I'm sitting at my desk laughing out loud and looking like an idiot. I promise, you are not the first mom to find poop on her kitchen floor during the months of potty training. As long as they don't get sick from it, it'll be okay. You're also not the first mom to go a week without cleaning the kitchen floor (you are a little busy, after all). At least you can find the humor in this and share it on your blog with all of us so we can get a laugh :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they were trying to get to the bathroom by the kitchen, but as the commercial says, "When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Brenda said...

I am teaching elementary school for the first time ever...last week I was walking through the hall and there was poop on the floor...honestly there was...apparently a little one had an accident which fell out of his/her pants onto the hallway floor and they kept walking. never say never with kids.