Friday, November 21, 2008

On The Road Again

As we consider loading up the van once again and propping that knee for a long haul,


We realize we're all getting a little older.


Which means there are a few things we don't have to worry about anymore on the packing list:


Stricken: The double stroller/infant car seats



Stricken: The bigger double stroller




Stricken: Half of the house for one evening away





Stricken until you can't see it any more: Bottles



Stricken Long Ago: Pacifiers


Oh no, we're not headed out real soon. We still have to start making the list and setting things aside about a year in advance.






4 comments:

The Kings said...

Just looking at these pictures, it won't be long until we'll blink and it will be Ben or Nick's leg propped up there.

3 years?!?!

The Dukes said...

Wow. I love the flashback. I didn't even remember pictures of Benjamin and Nicholas with hair that short! Was that a cut or still growing in?

I knew you never underestimated the value of list making. It's crucial, really, when you birth children and your brain falls out too.

Anna said...

I love, Love, LOVE the picture of the boys in their sort-of matching blue striped and plaid shirts (looks like at the zoo?) They are too cute. And the girls on the train. They look like they're trying to break out and planning their escape. I don't even have any kids and I always make a list. I guess some people are just born list-makers. Or maybe I'm just bored at work so I make lists to look like I'm doing something :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, as always. Glad trip will be "less packing" this year.

Hope you and Patric and the little ones have a great trip and driving is so "tense free" that we'll get to see that knee up again:)

We all have many, many things to be thankful for this year. We're very, very grateful that you share you family with us and we consider you our family, too.

Happy Thanksgiving, Stuberbrood:)

Granny E