Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Victory

"I could take the boys to pick up Al," she said.

My eyes sparkled a little. "That would be great!"

A few minutes later, "The ladies may like to ride along as well, you could take my van..." I hesitated to see if she thought I was joking or if she'd take me seriously.

"That's a great idea!"

Victory.

And that is the tale of how grandma and grandpa gave me a few hours respite this weekend with a car trip to the airport, an airshow they stayed for, and pictures with flying friends. And grandpa came and played, and the boys were beside themselves to have the airplane man back around.

And it went so well, they did it again when it was time to take Al back to his plane the next morning.

On the phone I said something like, "I'm changing the sheets. I'm mopping the floor. I got the laundry going," all with a little glee because I got to do that without people hanging off of me.

Her reply exactly: "That's sick Susan."

3 comments:

The Dukes said...

Is it just me, or does Nicholas' hair darken and Benjamin's hair lighten with every new picture I see of them?

An uninterrupted cleaning and laundry frenzy is my fantasy as well...

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

You either share my sickness or the rest of the world is wrong. Do people really not understand how wonderful it is to fold clean, warm laundry and organize it for the closet without little hands tearing it apart and throwing it at you or running off with it?

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, no! But, those of us that do appreciate your go, go, go routine are so glad that grandma and grandpa came to your rescue.

And no doubt a great time was had by all!!