Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Special Treat

I love that great privileges are still pretty easy to come up with. Climbing the stairs alone is still one of them.

Elaine, turning to make sure I wasn't running to stop her, which is usually the case because that gate was accidentally left open and unsupervised.

Crackers in hand.


Stopping to chew on the gate before the grand finale.



Alida is generally not the winner. She usually stops after a few steps and lets me know she's done with all of that fun.




Didn't drop either of those Ritz on the way up. We do have priorities here.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the "too cute" and "super star" shorts! Elaine and Alida are too cute little super stars, climbing up those stairs like big girls! I can't get over how big they're getting. Have they learned how to slide down the stairs on their bottoms yet?

Anonymous said...

Did I ever tell you that one of them made it to the top on my watch one day!? The gate was left open and unattended and by the time I turned around, she was sitting up there as happy as could be! It FREAKED me out!

Anonymous said...

Well, Little Ladies, that was great. I'm with Anna, the sliding down will be twice as much fun.

But, Ms. E, I notice not only didn't you drop the Ritz, but they were both still in one piece - - look like a commercial to me!

It won't be long, however, until one of you, like brother Ben, figure out a way to completely take the gate apart.

You two are every so lovely!

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

I have lost track of the great escapes Jenny. That you only have one in memory amazes me.