Monday, December 14, 2009

The Saturday Outing: Five Under Five

No, no, no. Not me with five under five. I left, and I had a lovely afternoon thank you.

It was a Stuber kid inning with...um there are five kids.
Nanny-turned-mommy Jenny brought her little one and her husband, who's moving quickly back there to get out of the camera shot, and they spent the afternoon with the munchkins. These boys of mine are going to think that birthdays last until Christmas with all of the gifts that keep sliding in. Thank you Jenny.

I love it when only-child children come over. The just sit and laugh at us. Emily did the same thing the last time she stopped by.

And why is it that every time someone new comes by to help they are able to get this to happen? It is frustrating I tell you, they fight this with me to the bitter bedtime every weekend.


So uncomfortable looking.
Thank you for not stringing up the Jayhawks Jenny and crew.
They know not what land they live in.
And thank you for the strangely encouraging comment that this seems harder now than when everyone was younger. In so many ways I agree.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you not hear that children of all ages and all times have been angels for everyone but their parents? I think this is a conspiracy to make us go "huh?" and to doubt our perceptions.

What the reward for this archetypal behavior is, I don't know! (i have never been able to use that word - does it fit?!!). :-)

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

Still getting the word-of-the-day, even in retirement I see...

Anna said...

So, so, SO mad I missed this. I want MY day to spend with the brood. I ended up hanging out with a couple of my hubby's friend's kids. We got our nails done and went to a movie. Let me know when it's my turn!

Mommy Jenny said...

It was our pleasure! It is so fun to see what little people they're turning into! We're looking forward to our next playdate. Just let us know when! And, just for the record, I moved Elaine from that position and she went right back. Somehow she must have thought it was comfortable.