Friday, December 11, 2009

It Is Legal, Right?

Aside: I read once that if your kid falls asleep immediately in the car every time you drive off, she probably isn't getting enough sleep. If she falls asleep, and then you heave her out of the car, and then she continues to sleep in your arms when you get to the park even though it is freezing and there are kids running around screaming and even poking at her, I think it's safe to say the girl needs to go to sleep at night.

On to matters of legality.


I have an obsession of sorts with finding the perfect school playground in our area.



They are always empty on the weekends.
(Nicholas rethought launching himself off of this.)



We found one last weekend, and the kids loved it.




Oh, Alida, you woke up. Join the party.





But I always have this little walk-a-mile-with-me speech prepared and waiting for the moment the police drive up and tell me we can't be on the school property or something. I think it is the absence of other people that makes me think we're breaking a rule I don't know about. But they're open (we don't go if we have to jump fences or anything), and I do pay taxes, so it's legal right? I just never see anyone else there...
Yes, she is running around the park with a play hammer. That might technically be legal...






6 comments:

Mommy Jenny said...

We did it when we were kids. I'm sure it's legal- just don't try it at the private schools! So what school has this great playground?

Anonymous said...

I would say call "the city" but who? You'll get 6 different answers from 4 people. Keep going & wait for a black & white to show, then turn on the charm & tears.

I'm pretty sure there's NO law...chasing kids off school playgrounds. Come on! Cruel & unusual.

But this is Memphis...

The Dukes said...

I'm pretty sure it's legal, only illegal for you to do it during school hours.

We do it! All the time. And you know how I fear being arrested...so if I'm taking the chance I think you're safe.

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

Not telling mommy jenny. Not telling.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, not teliing momma Jenny? I spy a private school playground! Busted!

No one will call law on you and brood. They'd be ashamed of themselves.

L&B said...

If ANYONE gives you lip about being on the public playgrounds, please turn them our way so they can feel the wrath of Mommy Jenny, Anon?, Sarah??...and me. I've never seen private property signs or KEEP OUT on any public school playground. I think Jenny may be right about the private ones, however.