Thursday, July 30, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

The morning of the girls' actual second birthday fell on a National Guard weekend. When we all came roaring downstairs at 6:30 in the morning, I asked them what they wanted for their birthday breakfast.

I was entirely expecting them to say "Apple Juice." I already had it ready. I would smile and hand it to them and big hugs would follow along with a quiet watching of cartoons.
Alida said "Pancakes." Elaine looked at me with the big brown eyes and seriously nodded her head, "pancakes." This was settled. Great, they actually agreed on something. I got to work making pancakes.
I now curse the book, If You Give A Pig A Pancake, which I blame on my early morning baking that day. These opinions weren't supposed to arrive for a couple of years.


Meanwhile, Elaine practiced her tea service.
Don't you know that ketchup does make everything better?



No comments: