Monday, October 20, 2008

The Saturday Outing: Kids Country

Technically: "Kidz Kountry", but that makes me bristle a bit.

Makes me want just a little bit of farmland (or a maple tree farm dad).

Elaine is certainly a fan of swinging. We now limit swing time and velocity due to the fact that you never know when that smiling face will suddenly turn green and fill her lap.


And even the ladies got to ride with daddy on Nicholas' favorite ride,


Thomas.
Every single time that little train rode by for the rest of the evening, which was many, many times, Nicholas let us know when it was coming and going.



Then we hardly ate any of our funny dinner.




And went on a hay ride--a very smartly caged hayride.





And this is not a tractor made out of old barrels. It is a train. It is Nicholas' very own Thomas train, than you very much.







5 comments:

The Kings said...

Awesome outing, guys! What fun memories you will have of all your Saturday adventures!

Anna said...

The face Patric is making on the ride with the girls - I have seen that face many times made by Alida. I wondered where it came from, and now I know. Hilarious. This looks like SO much fun. I want to go there! I guess you enjoyed your fall weather weekend. Looks like we might be getting another one this weekend. Love the pictures. Glad to see everyone had a good time.

The Dukes said...

I think Patric's look says: "Seriously? You're going to blog about me sitting on our daughters? Come on!"

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

So they allowed one adult in the cart with up to how ever many other kids you could cram in there. Patric had our 4 and some other little guy in his charge, in the big open train thing. I just sat and had a heart attack the whole time they were riding around until they came by and he'd gotten a girl on each leg to clutch them and had his feet braced as bars against the boys' side of the thing. Random child's dad just looked at me and said, "Man. He's good."

The Dukes said...

Wow, he IS good. I would have been in cardiac arrest right there with you.