Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's Coming, I hope

Even if it was probably too warm for jeans on Saturday and the sun was shining and being near the water didn't bring even a hint of a chill,


we are beginning to see signs of my favorite time of the year.


And these little guys are just waiting for a Saturday football frying pan with a little cornmeal.



But if it keeps up the way it has around here, I will resort to turning down the air conditioning some more and creating a false sense of Fall in this house if I have to.




8 comments:

The Kings said...

Get out the cornmeal. You'll have one shot at this. Tomorrow's high here in the lovely Mid-South is 65. Yep, only 65 degrees. Hard to believe, but I'm going to enjoy every second!

Anna said...

I'm with you. Fall is my favorite season too! I broke down and made chili and cornbread last night. It was a cool 70 degrees in my house, so I cuddled up on the couch with my blanket and chili. It was nice. But I look forward to it being chilly (no pun intended) outside so I don't have to run the stupid a/c and my chili and cornbread will be put to good use :)

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

70 degrees in my house is too hot...but Jenny knows this. Poor girl.

Anna said...

I think it's here! It's way cooler today - maybe it won't go back to being 85 next week. Enjoy this weekend. I plan to. :)

The Dukes said...

What's the recipe for the soup?!

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

This is so very unlike me:

Around breakfast

brown some short ribs
add some beef stock
add some barley (1/2 cup?)
add a whole cut up leek

let it simmer.

awhile before you want to eat take out the ribs and cut off the fat and bone and return them. add a can of diced tomatoes, some frozen potatoes, um, whatever you have around that looks good.

I'm generally lost without a recipe even if I've made a thing a million times...I'm not sure how I managed it, but it was pretty good.

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

yeah, looks like I threw some onion in there too...

Anonymous said...

Looks good! I agree I love this weather AND 70 degrees is too hot in a house!