Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010: Nicholas A New Brand of Exuberance

Last February your eczema was the worst I'd seen it. Probably because the constant care it needs wasn't being seen to as regularly as it should have been. It kills me as we enter this time of year for you because I know even the treatment is painful--at 4 I knew your lotion preferences and which ones stung you.

(look at your hands)
But, we have been so fortunate that you roll with it. And having not known differently, we just start talking about spring and humidity, and you bound on about your business.



And bounding is what you do best. You are first to try most things when the question of who will go first comes up. You often dream up the things we're getting ready to try.


Like this.
Your Grandpa Airplane suggested this, and then you kept up each day until I got it together. And you were the first one down and the last one finished that day and the next.


Your energy wears me out.


But it's hard not to encourage you.
You wanted a skull shirt to go with the skull pajama bottoms.
When I found an old T-Shirt to draw on and started a pathetic attempt, your dad thankfully stepped in to help. Then we made them for everyone.

You are big and bold and loud.


And smart.


Focused and determined.


And you are all in every time, and I envy your energy.


No comments: