Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010: Elaine Sugar and Spice

"Pink is my favorite color!"
Heard over and over again this year.

And even with your wild home-haircut you really are sugar and spice girl.


Even with a big old bloody scab on your nose.


In 2010, you spent much of your time attached to me.



Which is likely why I have so many shots of you close-up and alone.



But who can resist.
You are so sweet when you snuggle down for bedtime and tell me you love me.
Then you promise you'll stay in bed and go to sleep. And you never, ever do.


You thrive on individual attention.


And the occasional manicure.



And you brighten our days in the way that only a little girl can.


And then, you do stuff like this.

2 comments:

Never Wear Tennis Shoes to the Dump said...

That's "my" girl!

Sarah said...

I love how little girls brighten days. Thank goodness for other people's little girls so I can experience that sometimes!