Thursday, July 1, 2010

Update From Iraq: Leaving Their Mark

"G Troop"
"The Gunslingers"
The tribute to themselves they'll leave behind--this month!
(Patric drew the creepy skull soldier thing--oddly talented that man.)
His room.
There are so many things wrong with the layout of this room, I can hardly comment.
Doesn't his bed look like it's propped up by three-ring binders? And who uses teal in interior decorating these days?

Leaving behind--red buildings.
This is the "Eastwood Briefing Room"
Yep, Clint Eastwood; they're painting the town red.


Something else to certainly leave behind.
Although, I think one managed to hitch a ride in one of the boxes he sent home. It was a very dramatic night when I took apart an entire roll of paper towels to squash one hoping against hope that I had the correct balance of cushion so I wouldn't have to actually feel the thing in my hand and not so much cushion that I couldn't exert enough force to kill it dead a couple of times over quietly screaming the entire time I did it.




6 comments:

The Kings said...

Skull soldier thingy: awesome
Bedroom: Another example of his talent. Would have to be a light sleeper not to tumble those pitiful blocks.
Red building: Hum, the similarities of Iraq and Lago are endless.
That mammal of an insect: I would have had nightmares for weeks after that adventure
Sum it all up: Very glad this month will finish up the Update from Iraq posts. Very, very glad.

Heidi @ The Good Stuff Guide said...

Just giddy with anticipation over here! Can't wait to see your family reunited!!!

Unknown said...

I completely agree with you love about the room. In your honor, I completely rearranged it. I have a small kitchen/pantry area, entertainment space and a small area for my meetings...will send pictures. Sorry to hear that Harry startled you. He would have made a splendid gift for Nicholas. The little devil probably just wanted a cup of coffee and a newspaper.

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

"Entertainment Space" ?!?

The Dukes said...

Best not to elaborate on "entertainment" maybe?

The Kings said...

Yes, must see pictures of the Susan-inspired new look of the room complete with entertainment space.