Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Let's Continue The Theme of Miserable

In order of appearance and performance at the dentist 7:30 Monday morning during the monsoon.

Nicholas.
Volunteered to be first. Total compliance.
Yeah, that front tooth is a mess, but we'll leave it alone until it falls out.

Alida.
VERY unsure of what she was about to do, but willing to give it a try.
Pretty full compliance.


Ben.
Dear Ben. Refused. Complained. Fussed. Screamed. Wriggled. Clamped his mouth shut.
I had to leave the room to take a girl to the potty, and they tell me he calmed down.
Then on to X-Rays for him. Refused. I had to crank his mouth open to allow the woman to get the film in his mouth.
Since he refused to bite down, the x-rays were awful. They didn't even review them.
Nearly zero compliance.
Meanwhile the other three had figured out they got stickers out of this mess. Nicholas and Alida were walking around with their stickers, which put Elaine in an uproar because she had yet to earn her sticker.


Elaine
Last to go.
Had to hold her on the table.
At least she was screaming so loud the entire time that the hygienist had no problem getting the polisher into her mouth.
Negative compliance.
After that we had to all get checked by the dentist. At that point we had experienced total breakdown, and I don't even know what happened there. And the final moment--they all fell-out upset that it wasn't still raining when we left because they didn't get to use their umbrellas.



4 comments:

The Kings said...

Sounds like you would have much rather had a personal root canal. I'm dreading our first go at this!

Never Wear Tennis Shoes to the Dump said...

Brood reacted per their natures, sounds like. And to think that Ben was still sporting his self-inflicted nose injury. Trauma everywhere.

The Noltes said...

This is definitely one of those "I am glad that is over" parenting moments!
You deserve a gold star*

The Dukes said...

I agree with my Mom, I hope you got a sticker too!!

I'm sure that's exactly what you were thinking the whole time in there. "Man, I hope it's still raining when we get out..."