Monday, June 28, 2010

Wet Weekend

Swimming on Saturday with Cynthia. I'll just say that I have three kids that once all water-winged (thanks for filling out our stock of wings Cynthia), were belly-flopping and dog-paddling all over the place like they belonged there. For once, I'm not too disturbed that Nicholas is the one who isn't naturally the best at something. He claims I let him sink and was still talking about it this morning. Ben put his wings on when we got in the car this morning, hoping we were headed back.

Then it rained. So we did what any responsible person would do and grabbed our umbrellas and hit the slide.


Then Sunday JB Anon came over to witness the chaos that is water play in our backyard. And now she must abandon us for retirement play in another state. She got in her last snuggle with Elaine, and Elaine got in her last iPhone lesson. Very symbiotic those two.


And Sunday evening at the mention of bath, for some unknown reason, they were all standing there ready for me to turn the water on before I even got up the stairs.




2 comments:

JB-anon no more! said...

The Brood proves the scientific fact that we are 90% water. Or did I mean we are in water 90% of the time? Or it rains 90% of the summer...oops, lost my train. Need that trip NOW.

I will miss seeing these monkeys and their antics in person...tell Elaine/Alida (?) "grandpa" and I will see her in "Janunary". :-)

The Dukes said...

Hopefully they slept like logs after that weekend!

I love how your kids look like they've been on a cruise for three weeks and my kids have skin so white it glows. Hilarious.

Is JB Anon moving for good?!!