Thursday, April 29, 2010

Update from Iraq

Sometimes, we're reminded that this is just sad business.

"Yea, just a bad day. We had machinegun round mis-seat a round and blow brass into one of our gunner's legs this morning so I have been working with that. The worse thing is that it was due to truck commander screwing up. So I have been up since untangling that. Found out LTC Kaki* was killed in 2006 yesterday from Tomberlin. That sucks. It been a long day and a half with another about 24 to go with end of month suspenses and getting the Article 15 compiled with legal to frag the truck commander. So no, I am in a pretty grim mood. I'll call later on."

*LTC Kaki was a Kurdish commander that Patric was close to during his 2004-2005 deployment to Iraq and the inspiration for the deployment mustache.

4 comments:

JB-anon no more! said...

I admit the "food fun" was a good way to pretend the troops are just having a rather loooong weekend drill, a couple of thousands of miles away. Reality bites--for him, his guys, his Kurd friend, you and the brood.

The Dukes said...

I hate these days for you and him. I tend to worry most about a combat injury but I'm sure accidents with abound with all the big, dangerous equipment in use. I'm thinking about Patric extra today.

The Noltes said...

I pray for our troops every night and especially Cpt. Stuber. There will be more prayers for those in this situation. My heart is with them today.

Gran of The Dukes

Heidi Farmer said...

I second JB-Anon's comment that the food was a good way to pretend (I'm glad I wasn't the only one). So sorry to hear about the bad day today. Politics aside, let's hope to get everyone home soon.