Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Home-Made Slip-N-Slide

Not being one to puncture imagination, I watched for a few minutes before I figured this scene out while taking a break from cleaning the laundry room Sunday afternoon.

They were like ants marching back and forth from bathroom to storm door all in different states of dress, church clothes, pajamas, no clothes.


Then I watched Alida wipe-out with her hairbrush in hand in her fervor to make it to the bathroom before her brother . She spun out like a cartoon character and smashed into the open bathroom door. She announced to all that she had slipped and hoped up, continuing on with her work.



And when they finally explained that they were using the wet hairbrushes to clean the door, I wondered who I was to stop this sudden outbreak of cleanliness. So I put down some towels to mop up their path and went on about my business, just as they did.





1 comment:

JB-anon no more! said...

Ahhh, reason #4 to be part of a family with two sets of twins: mom allows us do some pretty cool stuff even when it ends up being more work for her.