Monday, April 19, 2010

The Saturday Outing: The Zoo

Saturday morning we met JB at the zoo.
We ate lunch at the playground.

We picked flowers weeds in an empty spot.





We ran around in the water.





We climbed on the display.



JB really thinks she is going to get a picture of the five of us together--her personal mission.




And although I'm not even sure we looked at an animal other than an aardvark right at the beginning, the grounds of the zoo were lovely and it did the trick--naptime right there in the middle of the floor when we got home.






7 comments:

The Kings said...

Weed-picking and all, it looks like a great trip and a great day!

JB-anon no more! said...

I'm pretty sure we saw "a elifant"!

This was a lovely day that I want to do again with these precious little Stubers. I promise not to fret over ketchup faces...ok, just a little fretting.

The Dukes said...

I love floor naps. They're all I get these days!

Thank you JB for doing what so many of us want to but are too far away to do!

L&B said...

Ditto Dukes...wish we were closer to partake in the Stuber's festivities!
Susan, you are a master at finding amazingly adventurous places for the kiddos to play. Was this in Memphis?

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

The Memphis Zoo is really amazing Lori--can't wait to take my nephew!

I'm still confused how Alida got home with Ketchup still on her face because your German fleissig-ness re: the ketchup was amazing...

JB-anon no more! said...

Susan, I have to confess. You had to take Boy X or Girl Y to the potty, and Girl X put her corndog right DOWN on the nasty gross railroad tie, and I mentally shouted: "Der liebe Gott!" Applying the 2 second rule, I plastered the corndog to my hand which I had carefully cleansed with antibacterial lotion just "minutes" before.:) Stubers are teaching me ALOT about real life.

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

Well Good. I'm glad you soaked girl X's corndog in alcohol for her.