Monday, August 23, 2010

Sunday Dinner

I'm not saying that it's perfect, but Alida set the table entirely by herself. I consider it a victory that she knew to set the kitchen table and not the table in front of the television.

No, I'm not really so nutty that I make them wear plastic gloves when we prepare corn. The girls came home from church with those. I'm not sure what the bible lesson was there. I do know that the four kids wound up fighting over the two pair of plastic gloves later, which probably wasn't part of their lesson. I was able to eventually whisk away three of them; there is a fourth somewhere in our house, hiding, waiting to become a problem.


Steak.
We can still get by with the four of them splitting a steak. May as well enjoy it now I guess.


And where was Nicholas?
Patching the wall of course.
The wall that he punched holes in with an umbrella completely absent-mindedly while he watched tv one day. This will be a good skill to hold on to I think. I don't guess it will be the last drywall to fall at their hands.




3 comments:

The Kings said...

I see a chore list in their very near future.

Never Wear Tennis Shoes to the Dump said...

This post was loaded with fun, but my favorite had to be the gloves. Of course. Keeping those germs separate and the food pristine just cracks me up. Remembering the corn dog at the zoo, the popcorn at the movie and cereal off the patio...just to name the very few germy instances I know about. (Hearty laughter in the background.)

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

We are immunity building. It makes us Mighty.