Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Four Kids and Two Adults

walk in to a movie theater.
The girls can't be drug away from the arcade when it is time to go into the movie, even though they've had no coins to put in the machines.
We sit on the front row. The boys plop down and munch popcorn. The girls can't figure out where to sit. They're up; they're down. They're destroying the popcorn, and it's a crunchy mess under our feet.
When the movie starts, Alida leans over and asks me why Toy Story isn't on.
(That should have been my clue the girls needed to leave.)
Then I looked down and saw Elaine grabbing popcorn off the floor and yes, eating it.
Then I looked up and saw Alida running her mouth along the handrail in front of us.
I grabbed them both and made to leave.
"This really is Despicable.We'll just pick you up later. You have your phone?"
"Huh, what's wrong? No, I don't have my phone. Leave me yours; you can go get mine at home. Why are you leaving?"
One adult and two kids leave the theater.
Three boys remained.