Sunday, August 16, 2009

Something In the Water Up There

Ben didn't quite fall asleep on the tractor ride, but it was close.

Long after it was over though,

An hour after it was over in fact,


We still knew where this guy was.



And when we finally arrived home.




And later that afternoon.





And then Ben knocked out at last.






Here Alida fell asleep in the stroller, slept through the red cap ride through Union Station, and all the way up to and back from the Untouchables picture op.







Nicholas after his first inner tube ride off the back of a boat.








And again on the water.









Wind blowing through Elaine's little bits of hair.










And on the last night on the train I woke up twice to thuds, once because Elaine had fallen off the bunk and had slipped under the bench--still asleep--and the second time because Alida had fallen off the bunk in a heap--still asleep.

And when we finally arrived home, Patric and I snuck a bit of a nap ourselves on the couch as the children ran around and stuck stickers all over the walls of the house...it was so worth it.










3 comments:

Mommy Jenny said...

So glad you had a restful trip and all are home safely!

granny e said...

Wow, that's what having a GREAT TIME will do for you, WIPE YOU OUT!!

I think they must have needed a vacation, too.

I bet John Deere would love the pictures of Nicholas!!

Anna said...

I wish I could sleep like that. I think "sleeping like a baby" is the phrase. I want to sleep like a Stuber.