Monday, August 3, 2009

A Math Problem From The Dukes

If Susan has 1 new job, 4 kids age 3 and under, plus one new computer and a husband for an average of one half hour every 3 days and leaves Memphis on a train traveling North West at 120 mph, at what point will her migraine start? Please answer in "hours into the trip."

If we change a variable and say she has her husband for zero hours of zero days up to the time we leave for the train station, does that mean I don't get a migraine at all or that the pounding in my head that started Saturday night will last for a week?


Even this sweet looking scene is folly.
It was his way of getting out of eating dinner.
She is in a swimming suit because it was the only thing she would keep on, which is a problem because our water bill shot up a thousand fold this week as we now pretend to potty and then really flush a million times a day.
And Benjamin's head is not in the way because he in in time out for talking back.
Ack.



7 comments:

The Noltes said...

I just don't know what to say, really.
Good Luck.
I'm sorry.
I'm glad you document these situations because I just couldn't imagine it on my own. Really.

The Kings said...

You've seen melted popsicles? That is what your brain will be by the time all that pounding that started on Saturday pulsates until time to load the train, thus making the question irrelevant.

The Dukes said...

I think if you factor in a 0, you enter the realm of imaginary numbers (i) and imigraine is one that doesn't really exist.

It's a trick question, though, because it will already be in full swing...you can't answer in "hours into the trip!"

If anyone was thinking that, you get full credit for your answer.

Now stop passing notes.

L&B said...

There IS a light at the end of the tunnel...you have ready, willing and able reinforcements waiting in MN in T minus 3.5 days counting.....HANG IN THERE!!!

The Dukes said...

I hope right past the light there is a room with black out curtains in which Susan can take a 7 hour nap whilst the reinforcements work their magic!

Anna said...

Your blog is good birth control. If I were you, I fear I would make a fort to trap them in, get me some earplugs, and go lay down for a nice nap.

Then again, that's why the dear Lord has not blessed me with any munchkins yet.

Anonymous said...

The AMAZING STUBER BROOD! Still awed by you two. Happy Anniversary & happy birthday to the ladies.
JB