Monday, August 24, 2009

Chokit Milk Is Her Name

That's my girl Alida, don't let a dress hinder your comfort.
When Aunt Lori got us the yellow dress with the pink accent, I'm pretty sure she intended it for Elaine, since there was a lovely halter dress in all yellow in the package as well for, we're assuming, Alida. It would go with our general dressing scheme: Some pink=Elaine; Anything else goes=Alida. What a fabulous find to get a yellow dress with a touch of pink.
But then they went and started showing a preference for things. And I think Elaine is sick of pink.

This morning Elaine would have nothing to do with pink. Since we were headed to church where they get a nifty sticker with their picture and name, no big deal. Church doesn't even really know the pink rule.


Nicholas doesn't even know the pink rule either.
Mostly I just get, "Mommy. Is this Lie-la?"
To Benjamin, they are both "baby."
To Aunt Cynthia, Alida wears pink because of the "i" in each word. (I know Elaine has an 'i' as well, but it doesn't SOUND like an 'i'. You see? So then she has to mentally flip what she intuitively thinks is right each time she sees them together. And that makes me tired.)
To their dad, they are both "baby girl."



To me, well we've spent many a weekend glued together now. I have them on sight.



So if you're ever wondering now days, don't count on the color because Alida chose the pink shirt this morning and I'm not going to battle it.
Just ask them if they want apple juice or chocolate milk.




Because Apple Juice=Elaine
and Chokit Milk=Alida
At least that is how it will go for awhile anyway.








5 comments:

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

I swear YOU THEIR MOTHER do not know which one is which!! No way I can remember chokit milk versus apple juice. Way too many dotted letters there. I’m now with Benjamin – baby! Which is going to sound ridiculous at their weddings!



Aunt Cynthia

Anna said...

Love the dresses - can we inherit those?

L&B said...

I LOVE the new Stuber Blog photo...very cool! I'm glad the yellow rags were a hit...they look great against the ladies' little tanned bodies :-))

granny e said...

Whether it be pink or yellow, apple juice or chokit milk, baby or Lie-la, or baby girl, these are two precious, beautiful little ladies:)

Anonymous said...

Those dresses are too cute & dressing alike is quaint. I love it.