Monday, February 2, 2009

The Saturday Outing: Lunch with Daddy and New Beds

Alida was fussy Saturday morning, so it was an easy decision to keep her home from lunch with new friends instead of skip nap Saturday afternoon. So daddy took the boys, and I took the girls to nap time. When lunch was over, our friends took the time to come over and chat for awhile. This is remarkable because they were very gracious when I brought Alida down from nap and while everyone was remarking at what a pretty girl she was, she threw up all over me. We had a few clothing changes and a few bedding changes and general fussiness this weekend. So that was the end of the outings.

But Saturday morning, we had work to do anyway to prepare for our new beds.
Nicholas is mad because his turn with the vacuum was over. Oh, that is one very clean strip of carpet where they went back and forth for half an hour.

But they arrived on time, and we are pleased and hope they last a long time and still have no idea what danger or opportunity for chaos we did not anticipate.


And most importantly they seemed pleased as well.



And then they laid down and disappeared into those beds and as far as we know it was there that they slept peacefully the rest of the night.




4 comments:

The Kings said...

Those are some very handsome beds for some very handsome big boys. My goodness they are so grown up!
I hope the love of the vacuum cleaner continues for many years to come.

I hope Ms. Alida is doing better also.

Anna said...

Alida looks ANGRY in that first picture. I think it was a good idea to keep the girls home for a nap. I hope she doesn't have a stomach bug - I had something yesterday, but I wasn't throwing up, thank goodness.

The boys look SO BIG helping you vacuum. They're so helpful! And their beds are absolutely gorgeous! I hope they take care of them and enjoy sleeping in them.

The Dukes said...

Those beds are awesome!! Henry is sitting on my lap and he's impressed. Jealous, really.

Anonymous said...

I do hope Alida is feeling better and it was just a "bug" that didn't stay too long.

I agree with how GREAT the beds are. And obviously the boys are thrilled with them, too.

The picture of Ben and the vacuum is way too cool. Now that you know how much they love it, you must find different "jobs" for them to do.

Big boys, big beds, life is good:)