Wednesday, October 25, 2006

First Steps


Yesterday the daycare ladies told dad that I took my first two steps. (It seems they’ve told him that before…). He was so glad to let them know that he and mom had already watched this a few times and it was not surprising. Last Saturday mom was on the phone with Uncle Brian when I decided to show her that I really can just stand there. More shocking, to even me, was later that afternoon when I was watching her cross the kitchen. It finally clicked what she was doing as I watched her. She watched me watch her, sat down on the floor and opened her arms. Five little steps later I fell in a heap in her lap laughing. That was fun. Dad was sitting at the table with his mouth hanging open. I’ve given over the Fisher Price walker to Nicholas now. He's following faster and faster, so I guess I better suck up all the attention I can with this new trick before he's doing it too.

No comments: