Monday, July 8, 2019

Refurbishing

We took the opportunity of this move to clean out and donate or trash a remarkable amount of items we've collected in 22 years.  Half of our library went to Good Will, and the man who met me there visibly rolled his eyes and went to retrieve a larger bin when I opened the full minivan trunk. Resurrecting a coffee table that had seen too many manicures and had been used as a chair resulting in broken supports was a win for the new kids' living area, however. 
 

The bed from my childhood that has alternated white to black and back too many time to count
 

The desk from grandma airplane that fits perfectly in Alida's new room, stained grey to match the refreshed black bed.
 

And everyone helped in some way to sand and repaint a lamp that has been part of my life from the beginning.
 

No longer pink.
And while everyone in my family popped an eyebrow when I said I was going to paint those flowers black, it turned out pretty cool.
 

Nightlight feature turned on, it was even requested by more than one child in the new house.

No comments: