Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Somewhere between Wednesday and Thursday someone put me in a bag and beat me up. At least that's what it felt like. So Thanksgiving morning I made it out of bed around 10, so that I could lay on the couch in a pile of children.

In a pile of children who had been left to have breakfast under the kitchen table.
Whatever.



Thankfully, they were distracted by grandpa who came to play.


And grandma cooked and cleaned and maintained.
Which was good because then I had to go take a nap.




Then Friday night we made a trip to the emergency room with this guy. I had no idea you had glands right in front of your ears. His ears looked like they were literally ready to explode, but they were clear as they could be. His glands however were more swollen than I think that doctor had ever seen.




So we dispensed a lot of medication.
And took a lot of naps.
And did very little else the entire weekend.





Until we started handing out Clorox wipes to everyone.
Thanks grandma and grandpa for diving in and helping us survive.







2 comments:

The Dukes said...

How awesome is your bed that I thought it was a hotel at first?! Seriously, I had already jumped ahead in my mind to a two night stay by yourself in a hotel that Patric had given you for a Thanksgiving gift when I read on...how terribly wrong I was.

Are you cured? Did all that back up flee town already?

Anonymous said...

I think "beaten with a stick" was what my mother called the flu feeling. I see the ladies are taking care of business to stop the Stuber epidemic! Hope it worked and all is well.