Friday, November 20, 2009

I Wish

I wish we could say that we have potty trained four people and are done with the monthly diaper bill. But we're not. Elaine however seems to think she is ready. Last night after getting her dressed for bed, she would disappear only to reappear sans diaper and pajamas and wearing only an old pair of the boys' Elmo underwear I keep downstairs for emergencies. (I really need to get rid of those.)
Then I would send her off to go get her clothes and a diaper and we'd do it all again. They keep asking to wear big-boy underwear.
Maybe it's time to have a few accidents. They are so different than the boys. They have the ENTIRE process down--have for months--from unbuttoning their pants to washing their hands and everything in between. They just never seem to actually complete the important part of the process--I have yet to see it happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl power!